Nutritional Supplements Library
7 Keto DHEA
What is 7 Keto DHEA?
7-Keto (3-Acetyl-7-Oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone) is a naturally occurring metabolite of the hormone DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone). In the body, 7-Keto is not converted into testosterone or estrogen to any appreciable degree. 7-Keto, as a downstream metabolite of DHEA, is produced in the body during the degradation of DHEA. 7 Keto can be measured in the blood as a ketosteroid. 7 Keto is non-toxic. Liver and blood hormone levels have shown it to be "Completely innocuous," says Henry Lardy, Chairman Emeritus of the Enzyme Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
What is the effective dosage of 7 Keto supplementation?
The effective dosage of 7 keto is 50 to 200 mg per day.
What are the benefits of 7 keto supplementation?
• 7 Keto DHEA Improves immune system function.
• It Aids in weight reduction because of it's Thermogenic (increasing body temperature) property.
• It Supports thyroid function.
• It does not convert to androgen or estrogen.
• It Enhances memory.
• It reduces cortisol (a stress hormone that is immune suppressive and eats muscles)
• It has anti aging effect.
What are the side effects of 7 Keto supplementation?
A safety study in humans has shown that 7-KETO did not raise estrogen or testosterone levels or produce any other side effects at levels up to 200 mg per day for eight weeks. Short-term animal studies also revealed no adverse effects with large amounts of 7-KETO.9 10 11 However, the long-term safety of 7-KETO for humans has not been demonstrated.
• People with thyroid disorder should consult their physician before taking 7 keto DHEA.
• It is strictly for adult only, not for children or pregnant or breast feeding women.