POINTS to be considered when visiting gym
The following points must be taken into consideration when evaluating/joining a gym:
1. Cost - does it represent good value for money?
2. Staff/instructor - are they knowledgeable and do they practice what they preach, are they visible & helpful, do they answer my question properly?
3. Cleanliness - is the gym including changing areas hygienic? how clean is other facilities?
4. Equipment - is there enough in peak hours, is it any good (brand) i.e. do the dumbbells go to at least 100lbs,what is maintenance state?
5. Peak times - is it crowded or just right?
6. Atmosphere - is it good or are you surprised if someone says hello to you?
7. Security - is there a car park, what about lockers for your clothing and other valuables, is gym responsible for same? Etc?
8. Changing rooms - are there any, are the showers powerful and hot?
9. Opening hours - what are they, does it open early and close late, is it open 7 days a week?
10. References - do you heard about this gym or has anybody recommended this gym?
11. Accessibility from your house- how far is this fitness center for you?
12. Emergency- is they equip with emergency plan (like CPR)? Do they have in house medical service?
13. Personalized attention- do they offer personalized training in their premises? Do I have to pay extra for it?
14. Time availability to you- do they have separate ladies timings?
15. Music- how loud is there music? Do they play fast tracks?
16. Rent/ownership - is that place belonging to gym owner? If not do they have any plan to shift that fitness center in near future?
17. Other amenities - does the gym have a sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, massage, swimming pool, squash court, tennis court, indoor running track, sports shop (do they sell supplements, clothing etc.), aerobics hall, martial arts, climbing wall etc.