Nutritional Supplements Library
What is clove oil?
Clove oil is an essential oil from the clove plant. It is a natural analgaesic used primarily in dentistry for its active ingredient eugenol. Clove oil constituents include eugenol, eugenyl acetate, caryophyllene and iocaryophyllene.Clove oil has a warm, spicy, pungent odor. Due to its potent strength, less than one milliliter is enough to relieve pain. It is applied usually to a small piece of cotton wool or the end of a torn-off rolled-up piece of tissue, and applied around the area of pain. It may be found in high concentration licorice (glycyrrhizin) products to prevent gel formation in an aqueous solution.
What is the effective dosage of clove oil?
As an herbal nutrient, drop 15 to 30 drops of clove oil in warm water and take this tea 1-3 times daily.
What are the benefits of clove oil?
• Clove oil has both antibacterial and painkilling properties.
• It alleviates the pain.
• Clove oil is one of the oils contained in Narayan (ayurvedic) Oil.
• It works extremely fast and extremely well at relieving pain in the tooth or gum, despite it being recommended not to touch the gum or skin at all.
• It is considered(in other medicines) by many in the health profession to be an effective antibiotic, antiseptic, antiviral, analgesic, antioxidant, carminative, expectorant, antifungal, anti-parasitic, spasmodic, and stimulant.
What are the side effects of clove oil?
They are no adverse side effects of clove oil. It is very safe. However, when clove is taken by mouth in large doses, in its undiluted oil form, or used in clove cigarettes, side effects may occur including vomiting, sore throat, seizure, sedation, difficulty breathing.
• It can irritate skin and mucous membranes, so it is best applied externally in combination with a carrier oil, cream, or lotion.
• Consult your health care advisor regarding the use of clove oil during pregnancy or with infants.
• It should not be used if a fever is present.
• Not enough information about safety is available to recommend the use of clove supplements in pregnant or breastfeeding women.