Nutritional Supplements Library
What is Cordyceps?
Cordysep is a mushroom (fungy).Cordyceps is known as traditional Chinese medicines, consists of the dried fungus Cordyceps sinensis growing on the larva of the caterpillar. It is commonly used in China for the replenishment of general body health. Cordyceps has a broad range of pharmacological and biological actions on the liver, kidneys, heart, and immune system. One of the known pharmacological effects is its anti-oxidation activity. Active compound of cordyceps are cordycepin (deoxyadenosine) and cordycepic acid (mannitol) which are responsible for improving lung function and increasing energy levels and sex drive.
What is the effective dosage of Cordyceps supplementation?
Suggested dosage ranges for cordyceps very widely due to differences in potency of cordyceps extracts. Lower-potency extracts may need to be supplemented at 2-4 grams per day, while higher-potency extracts (e.g. standardized to 7% cordycepic acid) are effective at lower levels (1,000mg/day) for increased energy levels, reduced fatigue and an enhanced ability to use oxygen.
What are the benefits of Cordyceps supplementation?
• Coydyceps stimulates the immune system;
• It helps to cure sexual dysfunction in men.
• It improves athletic performance recently, studies presented at the American College of Sports Medicine Annual Scientific Meeting, showed that cordyceps supplementation significantly increased maximal oxygen uptake and anaerobic threshold, which may lead to improved exercise capacity and resistance to fatigue.
• It Increases VO2max (oxygen uptake and utilization capacity)
• It boosts energy levels
• It relieves asthma, also Increases lung function.
• It is an antioxidant effect.
What are the side effects of Cordyceps supplementation?
There are insufficient studies on the safety of cordyceps. However, it has a long history of use as a food and is generally considered safe. More clinical studies are required to establish all side effects of Cordyceps.
• only for adults, not for children or pregnant or breast feeding women (unless recommended by doctor)