Nutritional Supplements Library
What is Dandelion?
Dandelion is a plant, in the family Asteraceae. It grows in the temperate regions of Europe, Asia, and North America. It can grow to a height of nearly 12 inches. It has bright yellow composite flowers - each flower head made up of hundreds of small florets. The deeply toothed leaves are bright green and stems are hollow and leafless. The fresh dandelion leaves can be eaten as salads with eggs. Dried leaves are used in the production of herb beers, and the flowers are used in the making of dandelion wine.
What is the effective dosage of Dandelion supplementation?
Follow the guidelines written on product label.
What are the benefits of Dandelion supplementation?
• Dandelion is used as diuretic.
• It is believed to stimulate digestive functions.
• It has Anti-oxidant property.
• It is said to be effective for kidney and bladder stones.
• The leaves are high in vitamin A, vitamin C and iron, carrying more iron and calcium than spinach
What are the side effects of Dandelion supplementation?
Dandelion is very safe in moderation.
• It is not for children or pregnant or breast feeding women.