Dhyana Veerasana (Hero's meditation pose)
1) Sit with both legs straight in front of the body.
2) Bend the left leg underneath the right leg so that the left heel is touching the right buttock.
3) Bring the right leg over the top of the bent left leg so that the right heel touches the left buttock.
4) Adjust the right knee so that it is above the left knee.
5) Place the hands either on the top knee.
6) Hold the head, neck and back straight. Close the eyes and relax the whole body. Be aware of the breath at the nose tip.
1) This asana is quite easy and comfortable to sustain for long periods of time.
2) This position also massages and tones the pelvic and reproductive organs.
3) This asana stretches outer/lateral side of thigh.
People with knee pain should avoid this asana.