Nutritional Supplements Library
What is Ginseng?
Ginseng is the most famous Chinese herb. It is the most widely recognized plant used in traditional medicine. Ginseng is a member of the Araliaceae family. It is a widespread, perennial herb. There are several variations of ginseng, such as American ginseng, Siberian ginseng, and Korean ginseng. The root of the plant is the part that is used. It is also used to reduce the effects of stress, improve performance, boost energy levels, enhance memory, and stimulate the immune system. Ginseng contains vitamins A, B-6 and the mineral Zinc, which aids in the production of thymic hormones, necessary for the functioning of the defense system.
What is the effective dosage of ginseng?
• It is used to increase physical and mental endurance, boost energy, normalize body functions, reduce cholesterol, and prevent cancer.
• Recent research shows that regular use of Ginseng is helpful in the treatment of memory loss (Alzheimer's), balance of blood sugar levels (Diabetes), slowing down the aging process, helping the immune system.
• It improves physical and mental energy reduces feelings of fatigue and burnout, increase work capacity, improves concentration.
• It is also use in for treating menstrual disorders, menopausal stage.
What are the side effects of ginseng?
Although side effects are uncommon, allergic reactions to ginseng have been reported. Stop taking ginseng and seek emergency medical attention.
• It is not known whether ginseng is safe for pregnant females and children therefore it is important to consult doctor before taking it