Parivrtta virabhadra konasana
1) The starting position-Stand straight with feet more than shoulder width apart, toes pointing straight, hands straight, parallel to the floor. Turn the right toes to the right wall and bend the right knee directly over the right ankle. Turn the right hip to right hand side, Turn the head and look at the right middle finger.
2) windmill both hands down to the floor on opposite sides of the right foot. Keep the right knee bent and the left foot turned out.
3) Inhale and reach the right fingertips up towards the ceiling, with the palm facing the right wall. Bring the arms into one straight line.
4) Look towards the right wall or up at the ceiling, stare at a point for balance.
5) Press both feet into the floor, using strong legs to support you. Sink the hips down, and reach the right fingers up.
6) Breathe and hold for 15-30 seconds.
To release: Either
a) Bring the right hand down to the floor, coming into a lunge, or
b) Press into the feet, straighten the legs and lift the right arm up, inhaling back into warrior II.
Repeat on other side.
1) This asana stretches hip flexor muscles groups.
2) It stretches anterior deltoid and chest muscles.
3) It stretches lateral side of lower back muscles.
4) It improves balance and concentration.
Guidelines- People with recent or chronic injury to the knees, hips, arms or shoulders should not perform this asana.