Nutritional Supplements Library
What is Piperline?
Piperline is the alkaloid responsible for much of the taste (spiciness) and smell of black pepper. It has also been used in some forms of traditional medicine and as an insecticide.Piperine is the major pungent substance in these plants and is isolated from the fruit of the black pepper and long pepper plants. Piperine comprises 1 to 99% of these plants. The term black pepper is used both for the plant Piper nigrum and the spice that is mainly in the fruit of the plant. Piperine is a solid substance essentially insoluble in water. It is a weak base that is tasteless at first, but leaves a burning aftertaste.It has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various diseases and discomforts.
What is the effective dosage of Piperline?
The effective dosage of Piperine is 10 to 15 mg daily.
What are the benefits of Piperine supplementation?
• Piperine stimulates the activity of amino-acid transporters in the intestinal lining;
• It is used to treat seizure disorders.
• It may aid in the digestion of food.
• It increases the bioavailability and absorption of many substances.
• It has been used to treat athletes and elderly people whose ability to absorb nutrients through their intestinal lining has been impaired.
What are the side effects of Piperine supplementation?
It is very safe at recommended dosage.
Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid piperine supplementation.