Sukhasana (Easy pose)
1) Sit with the legs straight in front of the body.
2) Bend the right leg and place the foot under the left thigh. Bend the left leg and place the foot under the right thigh. Place the hands on the knees.
3) Keep the head, neck and back upright and straight, but without strain. Close the eyes.Relax the whole body.
4) The arms should be relaxed and not held straight.
1) Sukhasana is the easiest and most comfortable of the meditation postures.
2) It is very easy to practice and sit for longer duration.It can be utilised without ill effect by persons who are unable to sit in the more difficult meditation postures.
3) It facilitates mental and physical balance without causing strain or pain.
4) It improves the flexibility of knees and ankles.
1) For those who are extremely stiff, sukhasana may be performed sitting cross-legged with a belt or cloth tied around the knees and lower back.
2) People with severe knee disorders should avoid this asanas.