POINTS to be considered when visiting gym
The following points must be taken into consideration when evaluating/joining a gym:
1. Cost – does it represent good value for money?
2. Staff/instructor – are they knowledgeable and do they practice what they preach, are they visible & helpful, do they answer my question properly?
3. Cleanliness – is the gym including changing areas hygienic? how clean is other facilities?
4. Equipment – is there enough in peak hours, is it any good (brand) i.e. do the dumbbells go to at least 100lbs,what is maintenance state?
5. Peak times – is it crowded or just right?
6. Atmosphere – is it good or are you surprised if someone says hello to you?
7. Security – is there a car park, what about lockers for your clothing and other valuables, is gym responsible for same? Etc?
8. Changing rooms – are there any, are the showers powerful and hot?
9. Opening hours – what are they, does it open early and close late, is it open 7 days a week?
10. References – do you heard about this gym or has anybody recommended this gym?
11. Accessibility from your house- how far is this fitness center for you?
12. Emergency- is they equip with emergency plan (like CPR)? Do they have in house medical service?
13. Personalized attention- do they offer personalized training in their premises? Do I have to pay extra for it?
14. Time availability to you- do they have separate ladies timings?
15. Music- how loud is there music? Do they play fast tracks?
16. Rent/ownership – is that place belonging to gym owner? If not do they have any plan to shift that fitness center in near future?
17. Other amenities – does the gym have a sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, massage, swimming pool, squash court, tennis court, indoor running track, sports shop (do they sell supplements, clothing etc.), aerobics hall, martial arts, climbing wall etc.
INSIST FOR TRIAL ,MOST GYM IS OK WITH IT
Yours in Fitness
FITNESSSMITH Mayur deshpande